Member of the Board of Management
- WA State Housing Commission – Director.
- Community Housing Assoc. – President.
- WA Council of Social Services [WACOSS] – Director.
- WA Peak Mental Health Assoc. – President.
- I have listened, learnt, and implemented governance in many NFP organisations, small and large. Continue to listen/learn.
- Oversight of 2 new constitutions for CCL, 2018 & 2021.
- Chief Executive of human service NFP with 150 staff & $10m budget for 10 years.
- I try to avoid the hierarchical model prevalent in many NFPs today.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Belief in the Common Good.
- Strategic, creative and critical thinking.
- High-level accounting skills, but no formal qualifications.
- Committed to a collaborative approach.
- Political nous and political engagement over decades
- Participated in 25 CCL MP lobby meetings 2018-2021.
- Solidarity with people at the margins.
- Create prominent space for women & young people.
- The 13.8 bn year Universe Story.
- The 4.5 bn year Earth Story.
- Indigenous Wisdom.
- Ecological orientation.
FIRST NATION PEOPLE ENGAGEMENT
- Walked and worked with FNP since 1979
- National, State & local Land Rights research & advocacy
- Full time employment with FNP 6 years, 1982 – 88.
- Multiple on-country journeys with FNP, incl Mutitjulu community at Uluru.