Climate Ready Communities is a project supporting community members to help others prepare for intensified extreme events and a changing climate – Dani Austin
The project is conducted by the Australian Red Cross in partnership with four Resilient South councils covering the southern suburbs of Adelaide, and trains volunteers to support others to become ‘climate ready’.
The training offers practical guidance to deliver local activities and events, and the opportunity to get involved in Red Cross’ emergency preparedness activities.
The Red Cross has developed Climate-Ready Communities: A Guide to Getting Started to support communities to have their own conversation about how the things they value will be impacted by climate change, and what they can do to continue to thrive.
About Dani: Dani is the Community Adaptation Project Officer, Emergency Services for the Australian Red Cross. She studied environmental and climate science in the UK and has since worked in Australia in sustainability-related teams for state government, in schools, before coming to the Australian Red Cross.
Watch later: this call will be recorded and available at CCL Australia Youtube
Ways to join Australian ‘CCL international’ video conference using ZOOM
- Join from tablet, PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android at : https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/3920795005 Note: If you need to improve your audio/video quality, download the Zoom app, and if required close other applications and web browser windows. Your audio may be muted by default on this video conference until the end.
- To connect by phone: Dial 02 8015 2088 then enter the Meeting ID: 392 079 5005 into your phone keypad.
- International callers: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=P2yB0sUd-U6-oITyIpbHqT6K3Q5LipSs.
CCL tasks for December
- Send the UNSW Australians for Climate Dividend Plan to your MHR or local federal Senator and ask for a meeting to discuss it. Double or triple your impact by inviting friends in neighbouring electorates to meet their MP to have a conversation about accelerating climate solutions.
- Letters to the Editor on CFD – make the most of climate being so much in the news to get some free mentions of Carbon Fee and Dividend, with Canada and the bipartisan US Bills, and Australian household impact modelling all being good to refer to. Lets tack it onto the middle of all climate LTEs in December.