Written by Peter Todd and posted by Susie Fraser
I get shocked when people say to me they don’t believe in global climate change or that it’s not
caused by humans. They often start talking about hoaxes, middle ages warming, ice ages or even
more complex stuff. You only need six basic facts to know that climate change is real and caused by
1. The greenhouse warming effect of CO2 is proven by even basic school science experiments.
2. The only possible source of CO2 to fully explain the current increase is from human causes.
3. Fossil fuels burnt since the industrial revolution closely matches the level of CO2 increase.
4. Fossil fuels burned closely matches the reduction in oxygen levels.
5. The average global temperatures are tracking the CO2 increase. The CO2 increase is steady
and temperatures are less steady showing that CO2 is the cause, not the other way around.
6. The start of CO2 increase coincides with the start of the industrial revolution.
You may be able to find ways to create doubt on some of these points individually but the likelihood
that all six are wrong is ridiculous. (Source Mythbusters – Global Warming & Climate Change Cluedo)