About CCL Events
CCL Australia members regularly host and participate in 3 main kinds of events:
- online meetings;
- state and local meetings;
- forums, workshops, conferences and lobby days.
View them all at CCL Australia’s Google Calendar
1. Online Meetings – getting connected
Each month CCL Australia holds national web-based meetings using the ZOOM platform
- National Monthly Meeting – online monthly meeting with guest speaker
- National Conversation – informal get-to-know other members around Australia and discuss CCLs media outreach
- Click to join (no need to register).
- Thursday following on from the second Saturday of the month, at 8 pm AEST.
- All welcome – members and non-members
Each week CCL International holds global web-based training using the ZOOM platform
- Register here for one-off (International) Climate Advocate Training at Citizens’ Climate Education
- Register here for weekly ( International ) Core Volunteer Training at Citizens’ Climate Education
To Join CCL Australia ZOOM – online or by phone
Click to join (no need to register)
Contact us at email@example.com to get help to join the CCL Australia / International ZOOM line or just give it a go.
Join from a computer, tablet or smartphone: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: enter into your browser https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/3920795005
Or Telephone: Dial 02 8015 2088 then enter the Meeting ID: 3920795005 into your phone keypad.
Note: If you need to improve your audio/video quality, download the Zoom app ahead of time, and if required close other applications and web browser windows.
Your audio may be muted by default on CCL video conferences until the end.
2. State and Local Group Meetings and Action – getting active
Each month a number of state and local groups hold regular meetings
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find your group or if you are interested in starting a new group to host meetings in your area. Or scroll down and open the state tabs to view all groups contacts.
- Sometimes these meetings and actions are online sometimes they are face to face.
- Join CCL to receive ongoing notifications from other members and groups active in your area.
Local groups get active and meet frequently with their elected representatives, local businesses, local media and community groups. There’s something for everyone to do.
Regional Coordinator Peter Todd
Regional ZOOM First Tuesday each month 7:30 – 8:00 PM https://zoom.us/j/3920795005
ACT Area: *Now includes Monaro* MeetUp
Berowra Area Groups: First Monday 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Hornsby Heights or Cherrybrook Contact Dennys Angove email@example.com
NEW Hume Area Groups: First Thursday 7:00-9:00 pm Goulburn Soldiers Club Contact Tom Hunt, Tom@ccl.org.au
North Sydney + Hills District Area Groups: Second Saturday. 1 – 4 pm Lane Cove or Baulkham Hills. Contact Darshini 0404 848 058 firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Beaches Area: Contact Nigel (via Northern Beaches Climate Action Network) email@example.com
Southern Sydney Area Groups: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Second Sunday 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm Oatley RSL & Community Club Ltd, 23 Letitia St, Oatley NSW 2223, Australia (Map) Follow on MeetUp (Lunch from 1:15)
Southern NSW Area: Moruya and surrounds Contact email@example.com
NEW! Western Sydney Area: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Penrith
QLD Coordinators Nell Azuri and Heidi Edmonds
QLD-wide coordinating meeting: online second Saturday of the month. Contact email@example.com
SA Coordinator Jim Allen
Adelaide Area Groups: Boothby, Hindmarsh, Sturt and more. Contact Jim Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
Mt Barker Area: Mayo Contact Jim Allen email@example.com
VIC Coordinator Makira Vann
Melbourne Area Groups: Contact Makira firstname.lastname@example.org
Bendigo Area: Contact Warwick email@example.com
Ballarat Area: Contact Glenn firstname.lastname@example.org
WA Coordinators Joyce Erceg and Rod Mitchell
Perth Area: Contact email@example.com
SouthWest Area: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
South of River Area: Last Monday of the month, contact email@example.com
North of River Area: to be determined – contact firstname.lastname@example.org