Welcome! We’re so glad you’ve joined us. See below for all the information you’ll need to be an active CCL member.
There are 151 electorates in Australia, and we aim to have a CCL group for every electorate.
Email your Regional Coordinator below to find out where and when your nearest CCL Group meets:
- NSW – Peter firstname.lastname@example.org (Sydney and Northern NSW) and Tom email@example.com (southern NSW)
- ACT – Tom firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIC – Rod email@example.com
- WA – Joyce firstname.lastname@example.org
- SA – Jim email@example.com
- QLD – Jess firstname.lastname@example.org
- NT – Jim email@example.com
- TAS – Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is not a Monthly Meeting group for your electorate or nearby electorate, here is your opportunity to help CCL Australia expand! You can start a CCL group in your electorate yourself.
Login to CCL Community and start posting in the Forum and contacting other CCL members in your electorate to see if you can get them interested in a monthly meeting. If not there may be CCL members in nearby electorates who are interested in starting a monthly meeting group. Send an email to your Regional Coordinator and they will be able to help.
If you are successful in starting a monthly meeting group in your area, please let us know by emailing your Regional Coordinator. Thanks!
Use your voice to be heard, and transforms yourself from a spectator into an engaged citizen to reveal the true nature of democracy!
CCL Community is where CCL Members can create a profile, post in a discussion forum with other CCL members in their electorate, and also contact all CCL members Australia-wide. In your welcome email you would have received your Username and Password. Click Login to go straight to the CCL Community login page.
Once you login, this is the first page you will arrive on. Here there is a General Forum where you can start a discussion with all CCL members Australia-wide.
If you’d now like to go to the forum for your electorate, click on “My CCL Dashboard” in the top menu on the left. This will take you to the main International dashboard. Click on your electorate group under “My Community Groups” on the left menu.
Now you’ve arrived at your electorate group. With the menu on the left you can:
• Forums – post in a topic or start a new topic to have a discussion with CCL members in your local area.
• Members – here you can see all of the CCL members in your electorate. You can add them as a friend or even send them an email.
• Events – this lists the events for your Electorate only. To see all CCL Australia events please see our Google Calendar which lists all the meetings and events for the month.
Click on your name in the top right hand menu. This will take you to your Member Profile. It would be great if you could add your photo (so people know who to look out for at monthly CCL group meetings!) and write a little bit in your Bio on why you joined CCL and what climate change means to you.
For a full Training Guide for CCL Community click here.
CCL Australia uses ZOOM for our online meetings and talks.
ZOOM is a web-based video conferencing application that allows users to meet and chat online.
You can sign up with ZOOM for free by clicking this link https://zoom.us/signup and then downloading ZOOM.
Or, if you’re in a rush and a CCL meeting or talk is just about to start, click this link https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/3920795005 which will take you straight to downloading ZOOM and into the CCL meeting!
For more info about ZOOM click here.
As well as meeting each month in our local CCL groups, we have larger events throughout the year. Every CCL member has the opportunity to attend two larger conferences:
• Regional Conference – each state or territory has their own Regional Conference each year in their capital city.
• NATIONAL Conference – there is a National Conference in Canberra each year where all our members from around Australia are invited to join.
Each Conference includes 1-2 days of training followed by MP meetings in Parliament House and in electorate offices, where our volunteers meet as many Members of Parliament and/or their advisers as possible.
There we share our Carbon Fee and Dividend plan; advocate for a Parliamentary Friends of Climate Solutions, and most importantly hear and note MP’s views on climate and on climate solutions policies.
These ‘lobby days’ meetings then lead to opportunities for subsequent meetings with MPs and staff in local electorates.
For more info about Events click here.
Events in 2020
Here is a list of the CCL Australia events for 2020:
• NSW & ACT Conference
– Sunday 22 March, 11am – 5pm
– Monday 23 March – optional MP lobbying 9am – 5pm
For more info and to register click here.
• NATIONAL Conference – there is also a National Conference in Canberra each year where all our members from around Australia are invited to join. In 2020 this will be held towards the end of the year. Date TBA.
Online Talks and Meetings
Each month CCL Australia holds national web-based talks and meetings using the ZOOM Video chat platform:
• Monthly Guest Speaker – each month we have a national web-based talk by a special guest speaker who discusses an area of expertise relating to climate change.
The Monthly Guest Speaker talk occurs on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
• National Conversation – informal get-to-know other members around Australia and discuss CCL’s media outreach.
The National Conversation occurs on the Thursday after the Monthly Guest Speaker talk each month.
To see past and upcoming talks click here.
CCL Australia offers frequent online training for members. Every week CCL International holds global web-based training using the ZOOM platform. There are 3 types of training available:
Learn more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby and how you can make a difference in creating the political will for legislation that will put us on the path to reduce the emissions that are changing our climate.
Climate Advocate Training
Going beyond the Information Session, Climate Advocate Training will not only teach you about Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s methods and visions but also inspire you to find your role so you can hit the ground running.
Core Volunteer Training
Join CCL volunteers from around the world in a 12-week learning program designed to help connect you with our larger network and drill down into specifics in the many ways you can take your climate leadership to the next level with CCL!
Click here to find out more information about online training for volunteers.
We connect with each other and others on social media to discuss climate change news, ideas and strategies.
Click on the icon below to be taken to the CCL Australia social media site for that platform.